We’re taking part in the 2023 Big Give Christmas Challenge, and this is your chance to DOUBLE your donation! Every £1 you donate during the campaign will be doubled thanks to our generous pledgers and champion funder, The Reed Foundation.
So, what is the Big Give Christmas Challenge?
It is the UK’s biggest match-funded campaign and is a fantastic opportunity to support charities during the festive season. For seven days, the challenge offers supporters of Farms for City Children the opportunity to double the value of their donation, and in doing so make an extraordinary difference to our work.
The 2023 campaign runs from Tuesday 28 November until Tuesday 5 December 2023, and during this week supporters will have the opportunity to double their donation. One donation, twice the impact!
How will your donation help?
Every year Farms for City Children welcomes over 3,000 children and young people from areas of deprivation across England and Wales. These young people have little to no access to the countryside, have fewer opportunities for personal growth and self-development, have limited knowledge of food production and farming, and they miss out on spending time outdoors with their friends.
Spending a week at Nethercott House, Wick Court or Lower Treginnis farms, gives children and young people the chance to immerse themselves in the natural world and to live without digital intrusion. They have the opportunity to get outside, to observe the world around them, overcome fears, and develop resilience. They care for each other and for animals, and they have the chance to build friendships and special memories that last a lifetime.
Your donation will help to make this happen for thousands more children in 2024!
How to donate
Visit the Big Give website from midday Tuesday, November 28, until Tuesday, December 5 to make your donation to Farms for City Children. Every contribution of £1 or more will be doubled, at no cost to you.
Don’t forget to spread the word with your friends and family, any gifts they make during the campaign will be doubled too!
- Donations must be made via the Big Give website to qualify for match funding. This means cheques or cash will not be doubled through this campaign.
- Donations must be made whilst the campaign is live midday 28 November to midday 5 December 2023.
- The donation platform is the Big Give. By following our links, you will go straight to the Farms for City Children account, where you will see our logo and story so you will know that you are in the right place to donate.
- You can find out more about the Big Give by exploring the website from our links
- If you experience any problems making a donation you can contact the Farms for City Children fundraising team on 01392 276381 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help!
And some examples of how your donation will support children and young people
- £1000 could cover our direct residential costs for one week at one farm – two weeks when doubled!
- £375 could pay for one child for 1 week on the farm – your donation doubled would pay for 2!
- £150 could pay for 3 nutritious meals for 30 children or a Farm School Leader for a day
- £50 could pay for animal care sessions for 1 child for a week – doubled two children benefit!
- £15 could pay for activity costs for 1 day at one farm – two days when your donation is matched!
We are hoping to raise £26,000 during this festive campaign – any amount you can donate is very much appreciated and will contribute towards providing transformative residential farms visits for young people, regardless of their circumstances.